Note: For a deployment utilizing Citrix Cloud, use the XenApp and XenDesktop Service Architecture Poster
Focusing on Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops for many years, I hear certain questions over and over again:
- Do you have an conceptual architecture drawing for a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on-premises deployment?
- How about a hybrid-cloud deployment?
- What about the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service in Citrix Cloud?
- What does the logon/app enumeration flow look like?
- What network ports do I need?
I’ve seen separate diagrams answering these questions, but they are usually buried in an appendix of a very long paper. I thought it would be nice to have a single source for this technical information, which is why I created the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Architecture Poster (PDF File)
And I’m already anticipating your next question: Can we have the source Visio file?
Of course! I just added them to the Citrix Workspace Visio Stencil.
- October 9, 2018: Updated poster with the new product names (Citrix XenServer to Citrix Hypervisor, NetScaler Gateway to Gateway, XenApp and XenDesktop to Virtual Apps and Desktops)
- October 4, 2017: Original poster released