I’ve spent many years focusing on delivering applications and desktops to users with XenApp & XenDesktop. I, like many of you, started with on-premises deployments and am witnessing a growing shift towards cloud deployments. Regardless of the reason and justification for a move to the cloud, those of us focusing on the technical aspects of such a decision need to understand how the pieces fit together.
When subscribing to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service in Citrix Cloud, I’ve asked myself the following:
- What components do I need?
- What deployment options do I have?
- How will users authenticate?
- What network ports do I need?
In fact, these questions are very similar to the ones I often hear for on-premises deployments, which was the basis for the XenApp and XenDesktop On-Premises Architecture Poster.
To help all of us techies better understand the XenApp and XenDesktop Service in Citrix Cloud, I’m happy to announce the XenApp and XenDesktop Service Architecture Poster. (PDF FILE)
And for those of you who want the original diagrams, I’ve added them into the latest revision of the Citrix Visio Stencils.
Finally, I’d like to give a huge shout out and thank you to Joel Stocker who helped me create these diagrams.
- June 5, 2018: Modified traffic flow based on new functionality in section – Citrix Cloud Traffic Flow (Cloud-hosted Workspace and NetScaler Gateway Service)
- January 9, 2018: Original poster released