Although XenApp 6.5 worker groups do not exist in XenApp 7.x, we’ve seen how similar functionality is available.
- Using a single console, Studio, we can easily increase capacity of a delivery group
- With XenApp 7.12 applications tags, we can mimic the functionality where a server could belong to multiple worker groups
Instead of comparing XenApp 6.5 with XenApp 7.x, let’s put some of these new technologies into practice by solving the following design requirement.
- Define a set of XenApp hosts as failover servers for a group of XenApp hosts delivering the primary app? In addition, the failover servers have the following conditions:
- The failover servers are a subset of servers hosting their own set of apps
- The failover servers only host the primary app in the event the primary hosts are unavailable